Smart offers you a variety of innovative value added services that suit your unique lifestyles and satisfy your communication demands.
Smart’s text messaging service is a favourite of our customers – fast, reliable and easy. Stay connected with anyone in Belize by sending individual texts or texts from bundles priced just right for your pocket. To purchase your SMS bundle, simply dial *767 and choose any of the bundles below.
|* Rates Inclusive of GST|
|Bundle of 25 messages||$1.13||15 days|
|Bundle of 75 messages||$3.05||30 days|
|Bundle of 130 messages||$5.10||30 days|
|Bundle of 350 messages||$10.20||30 days|
|Bundle of 600 messages||$12.25||30 days|
|Bundle of 1000 messages||$16.88||30 days|
|Single Messages (any network)||0.18||1 day|
smart! SMS Chat
Always working to satisfy even the most demanding customers, Smart offers new options for texting. You can now send text messages from anywhere in the world to any Smart customer from our website! It’s easy:
- Click here to send free text messages.
- Type your message in the message window and enter your contact’s number.
- Once your contacts get your message, they can reply and you can both continue the chat conversation.
Purchasing bundles of anytime national minutes, SMS and internet is now easy and affordable. Smart prepaid, Flex Jr., Choice or Select customers can now choose the bundles which suit them with the click of a button. It’s that easy to save! Dial *3539 to purchase your bundle today!
|3G Prepaid Plans|
|$12||25 min.||160 SMS|
|$20||500 SMS||512 MB|
|$25||30 min.||160 SMS||512 MB|
|4G LTE Prepaid Plans|
|$12||25 min.||160 SMS|
|$20||500 SMS||720 MB|
|$25||30 min.||160 SMS||720 MB|
|* Bundles exclude international minutes.
* Bundles expire 30 days after purchase.
Collect Calls. Out of Credit?
Out of credit and need to make a call? Well, Smart now offers you the option of calling collect. It’s easy…just dial 265 and follow the instructions. Smart Prepaid, postpaid and Fixed Wireless can all make and accept collect calls!
Smart SOS Services
Need to make a call but don’t have enough credit? No worries. Take advantage of our SOS feature and Smart will send you credit in advance. You’ll never have to worry about being left out in the cold without credit or SMS, thanks to Smart.
Call me Send a free text message to any Smart number when you have zero credit and no sms in your account. This feature is quick, convenient and free! Create a text message with the desired Smart number in the body of the message e.g. 670xxxx(no space or hyphen included). Send the message to: CALL (2255). The desired Smart number will get a standard text message with: E.g. “Please call me at 660xxxx”. Customers are entitled to send a maximum of 2 call me requests per day.
Please recharge me Ask your family or friends to add credit to your account. Send a free message requesting a recharge. Simply send a text to the number 2255 and enter recharge plus the number of the person they want to send the request to e.g.: recharge (space) number.
Credit advance This feature allows customers who are out of credit to receive a credit advance (loan) of $2 from smart. Send a message to the code 2255. Type loan in the body of the message and press send. You can qualify for the loan once you have insufficient funds to make a call or send an SMS. You can then use the credit to make calls or send SMS. Loan is re-paid automatically upon your next recharge.
Data advance This feature allows customers who are out of data and out of credit to receive a data advance (loan) of 75 MB from smart. Send a message to the code 2255. Type data loan in the body of the message and press send. You can qualify for the loan once you have less than 25 MB or less than 3 cents in your account. Loan is re-paid automatically upon your next recharge.
Zoom+ 4G LTE
Smart Zoom+ allows users to connect to our 4G LTE network using their data capable phones or using a Smart MiFi (modem) to connect to their laptops or desktop. Customers can use Smart Zoom+ anywhere there is 4G LTE coverage.
4G LTE Data packages
There are two types of 4G LTE packages available for purchase:
- Standard LTE package – Grants the user unrestricted access to the internet.
- Social Media LTE package – Grants the user access to most social media apps.
|Dial *NET (*638)|
|$8.00||512 MB (Social Media package)|
|Dial *DATA (*3282)|
|$15.00||1 GB (Social Media package)|
|$35.00||3 GB (Social Media package)|
Purchasing Data for your MiFi
There are three ways to purchase data for a Smart 4G LTE modem:
- Log in to Smart Lounge
- Visit the nearest Smart showroom
- Recharge your MiFi using your Smart Phone. Send a text to ZOOM (9666) and in the body of the message enter the plan, a space, and the modem number.
Eg. 1) To purchase a 512 MB Standard LTE package, in the body type: 512m 670####
Eg. 2) To purchase a 512 MB Social Media package, in the body type: 512ms 670####
Eg. 3) To purchase a 1GB Standard LTE package, in the body type: 1g 670####
Eg. 4) To purchase a 1GB Social Media package, in the body type: 1gs 670####
Checking your usage
To check your data usage, send a text to ZOOM (9666), and in the body of the message type your phone / MiFi number.
- All 4G LTE devices require the use of a SIM card.
- The cost of a SIM is $15.
- Each SIM comes with 1 GB of standard data and $10 credit absolutely FREE! ($45 value)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can’t I connect to the SMART LTE network?
Here are some troubleshoot tips. Check to see the following:
- You are in an area with SMART LTE Coverage.
- You are using a Smart LTE SIM.
- You are subscribed to an LTE data package.
- The Smart LTE SIM is inserted properly inside the Smart LTE device.
- You are connected to the Internet.
- How do I know if I’m connected to the SMART LTE Network?
When connected to the network, you’ll see an icon for 4G LTE in the top right corner of your phone.
- How do I get the optimal LTE experience?
First make sure you are in an LTE covered area. The nearer you are to the LTE sites the better your chances of getting optimal speeds. Secondly, Smart’s 4G LTE service works better in areas where there are no obstructions such as thick concrete walls, heavy foliage, tall buildings, etc.
- What can I do with the data provided in my LTE data package?
Your plan comes with consumable volume. To give you an idea of what to do with 1GB of data you can review the following table. Please note that these are average values:
1GB Volume = 1048576KB Average quantity Average KB per activity Post FB status including news feed updates 1,165 900 Send Tweet including timeline refresh 1,248 840 Send and Receive emails 49,932 21 Send IMS with photo attachment 7,855 134 Download songs 256 4,096 Stream Youtube Videos 49,932 21 Download Movies 1 716,800
- How can I purchase additional data?
- Click on Smart Lounge in the menu and register your account
- From any Smart Showroom
- Third Party Recharge
- Can I purchase time-based subscriptions?
No. All our packages are volume based.
- When is my data replenished?
- If you are a Post-paid customer your data package will be replenished at the start of every billing cycle.
- If you have a prepaid package you can replenish whenever your data package is depleted. Each package you purchase will have a specified expiration period.
- If I don’t consume all my data during the billing cycle, will it roll over to the next cycle?
No. The volume cap should be consumed before your next billing cycle. Volume not used will not roll over to the next billing cycle
- Will I be able to share my 4G LTE data?
Yes. Click on My Account in the menu and register your account to add members you wish to share data with.
- Does the SMART LTE device have a volume meter/counter to help me monitor my volume usage?
Yes. It is found under the statistics option of your user interface. On that interface you can check the following:
- Upload Speeds
- Download Speeds
- Uploaded and downloaded data on a daily, monthly and yearly basis.
In addition, you can check your usage on our website and also by sending a text to 9666 from a Smart phone.
- Can I use my SMART LTE Package to send or receive SMS or make and receive calls?
No. The Smart LTE plan you have subscribed to does not include SMS or Voice. It is purely a data plan.
- Can I use another SIM card to access SMART LTE service?
No. If you use another SIM card you will not be able to get LTE speeds. Other SIM cards apart from the Smart SIM card will not work on the 4G LTE Network.
- I am a post-paid customer. When is the best time for me to switch from 3G to 4G?
Now! We provide you with three options to choose from:
- Zero Balance your account and switch your plan to a new bill cycle.
- Wait until your billing cycle to add your new 4G package.
- Add the package now, keep your billing cycle and forfeit data not used.
- Can I use both 3G and 4G on my handset?
Yes. But 4G data will take priority so you will use the 4G package first then the 3G package will be consumed.
- Can I purchase a Social Media Package?
Yes. You will be able to purchase a social media package.
- Do I need to change my device?
Yes. The current 3G handsets are not compatible with the 4G network.
- Can I purchase a phone and bring it in?
No. At this time we cannot accept devices brought in by customers on the new network.
Smart Broadband Unlimited Internet
Smart is venturing into a new world, we’re introducing the fastest and most reliable Broadband Unlimited Internet for your Home or Business. This new and exciting service will allow customers to purchase unlimited data, at super-fast speeds, for a low monthly fee. Utilizing wireless technology, there will be no need to run copper wires, or set up a phone line. This will not only ensure a quick basic installation, but also remote troubleshooting, as well as quick maintenance and support. The response time will almost be as fast as our service! Reliable, high speed, cost effective internet is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity!
|Monthly Price||Download Speed||Upload Speed|
|$99||2 Mbps||1 Mbps|
|$150||4 Mbps||2 Mbps|
|$250||8 Mbps||4 Mbps|
|$420||16 Mbps||8 Mbps|
Smart Broadband Unlimited Internet is currently available in the following areas:
- Corozal Town
- Santa Clara
- San Joaquin
- San Narciso
- San Roman
- Blue Creek
- San Pedro
- Caye Caulker
- Belize City
- Mile 8 (George Price Highway)
- Spanish Lookout
- Santa Elena
- San Ignacio
- Benque Viejo del Carmen
- Punta Gorda
- Identification Card
- Utility Bill
- GST Certificate (Businesses Only)
- Two-month security deposit may be required
- Customers will be required to sign a one-year contract
Smart Toll Free (available for Smart numbers)
Fixed Line (available for BTL and DigiCell numbers)
The support lines are currently available from Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
International Postpaid Roaming
Smart postpaid customers can now use their mobile phone to make and receive calls and SMS while travelling to the USA, Jamaica, Barbados, Aruba and the Cayman Islands. Signing up for the service is quick and easy. All Smart postpaid customers can sign up for this service.
Roaming Services must be activated prior to leaving the country. To activate Roaming on your post paid phone, visit any SMART showroom. A Deposit of $250 is required, and roaming is automatically deactivated upon returning to Belize. Upon returning to Belize, you may visit any showroom to then receive the unused portion of your roaming deposit, or you may leave instructions to apply it to your account.
Stay in touch with friends, family, and business associates while you are on the go with the convenience of an app. It’s easy, convenient and provides customers with the lowest international rates.
Customers with a SmartGO account are able to make or receive calls and send or receive texts from any number around the world. The person that the SmartGO customer is communicating with is not required to have the SmartGO app and can use either a mobile phone or fixed line.
- Download and install the SmartGO app from the Google Play store.
- Register your account at the Smart Lounge, www.smart-bz.com, or at any showroom.
- Activate your account: choose between SmartGO Roaming or SmartGO International options.
- You will be assigned a NEW Smart number for the SmartGO service (your Belize mobile number will remain active on your device).
- This service is currently available for Pre-paid customers only.
How it works
Recharge your account by adding credit via the SmartGO app using regular credit upload services: i.e. 3rd party recharge, Gimmedalla, ding.com, Gimmedalla.com, GoMobile, and Smart Lounge. Credit will expire 6 months after recharge date. Call or text any number around the world with the app using a WiFi or Mobile Data connection.
It’s easy! Simply give your friends, family, and business contacts your NEW Smart number and start making and receiving calls while connected to a WiFi or Mobile Data connection. You can also call forward your Belize mobile number to the SmartGO app. (Standard Call Forwarding fees apply).
Talk & Text Packages
SMARTGO ROAMING OPTION – Belizeans traveling abroad: GO Credit Rates (tax inclusive) Talk: $0.62 per minute SMS: $0.16 per text BUNDLE 1 $59.60 (tax inclusive) 100 minutes @ $0.51 per minute 100 SMS @ $0.09 per text BUNDLE 2 $101.25 (tax inclusive) 200 minutes @ $0.45 per minute 200 SMS @ $0.06 per text
Smart International Option
SMARTGO ROAMING OPTION – Belizeans living abroad can stay in touch with family and friends by downloading the app and calling any phone number in Belize at great international rates: VOIP Service Rate: $0.60 per minute SMS Rate: $0.16 per text
- Per second billing applies
- Charges for incoming calls and texts to your GO number do not apply.
- All prices in Belize Dollars
Smart offers many easy options to add credit to your mobile phone. Choose the one that’s best for you!
If you’re an Atlantic Bank customer and want to add credit to your Smart phone from your Savings or Checking account, Visa or MasterCard, you can now do so without having to visit the bank or any of our showrooms. You can add $2, $5, $10, $20 or $50 by following 2 easy steps:
- Register your smart phone number at any Atlantic Bank office.
- Dial *GOABL (*46225) from your phone and follow the automated attendant’s instructions. Make sure you have your password, bank account or credit card number. Once your transaction is successful, you will receive a confirmation SMS and the amount will be deducted from your bank account or charged to your credit card.
When you need credit uploaded to your phone or somebody else’s phone in a hurry, there’s no need to worry. This convenient service allows you to upload credit to a phone at any one of our registered dealers countrywide just by giving them the phone number.
- Give the agent the Smart cell number you want to add value to (you don’t need to have the phone with you).
- Choose the amount you desire to purchase, from $1 – $500.
- The gimmedalla agent will transfer the amount to your account.
Once the transaction is completed a confirmation SMS will be sent to the mobile phone confirming the recharge.
Prepaid cards are the traditional way to add value to your account. For your convenience, we offer prepaid cards in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. You can purchase these cards from any Smart Showroom or Prepaid card agent in your area. Once you get your prepaid card, simply scratch the security feature at the back to reveal the pin. You can: Dial *120 + PIN and the credit will be automatically loaded to your account.
3rd Party Recharge
You can also credit to another smart phone using prepaid cards. Simply have a valid prepaid card and dial *125. You will be prompted to enter the Smart number. Once the transaction is complete, it will give you the updated balance.
Other Recharge Methods
Smart has introduced many innovative ways to add credit to your account. As a Smart PrePaid, Flex Jr, Choice and Select customer you can easily control your spending by uploading prepaid credit to your account to make calls and send text messages. Smart offers 3 easy and convenient ways for your family and friends abroad to add value to your account. See which option is more convenient for them. A friend or family abroad can recharge any Smart prepaid phone through the following choices:
- Online Visit www.ding.com and register for free. Select Belize under country and Smart Belize as the service operator. Next type the phone number you want to recharge. Customers can pay with a credit card, debit card or PayPal. The recharge arrives instantly to your mobile phone.
- Retail channels Visit any retail store where *ding international top up service is available, ask the cashier/teller for a Smart Belize top up, give the phone number and pay by cash or other available payment methods. The recharge arrives instant to your mobile phone.
- Recharge Cards Visit any Walgreens, CVS, Best Buy, Circle K and Rite Aid in the USA and ask for *ding international recharge card. Follow the instructions at the back of the card; the recharge arrives instant to your mobile phone.
Now there’s no need to worry when you run out of credit. You can transfer credit easily from your prepaid or post-paid phone to any phone using our Prepaid, Flex Jr., Choice or Select plans. It’s quick and easy. You can transfer credit from $1 to $200 per month, all you have to do is:
- Create a new text message
- Type in the Smart number you want to transfer credit to; add a space and the dollar amount you want to send e.g. 660xxxx 10
- Send the message to DALLA (32552)
Missed Call Alert
Everybody wants to know who called them when they were out of the service area or their phones were turned off. With Smart, you can get a text the moment you turn on back your phone. To activate/deactivate:
- Send the message to 1234.
- Create a text message and in the body type MCA.
Update your Facebook status from your Smart phone using our SMS service. There’s no need to access the internet… To register: Login to your facebook account and in the browser type https://www.facebook.com/mobile/# Once this page loads, you will find an email address on the page that is similar to
This e-mail address is unique to your account and MUST NOT be shared. Once you have found your unique mail identifier, do the following:
- Send a Message to code FBOOK (32665)
- In the body type reg unique594add
NOTE: just type the user part of the e-mail address and leave out @m.facebook.com as shown in this example. These steps will register your facebook account and link it to your smart number. This only needs to be done once. To Update Your Status: Send a text message to FBOOK (32665). In the body enter the message you want as your Facebook status.
Thanks to Smart’s innovative service, you can now update your twitter status and view your last three twitter updates on your mobile phone.
- Click on the “register for twitter” link at www.smart-bz.com. Enter your twitter username and password and click on allow. Then enter your phone number eg. 670xxxx. Once registration is successful start updating your status from your smart phone. (If you had previously registered to twitter from your smart phone, unregister before proceeding with the registration update. To unregister, send unreg to 89338.)
- Tweet: Send a message to TWEET (89338)
In the body of the text, type in the message you want to automatically place on your twitter page. Once you register, you can send as many messages as you like.
- To get the latest 3 updates posted on your page (including the people you follow),simply send “get” to 89338.
- You can also post a message on Smart’s twitter page. Send: *(space) message to 89338.
- Logout: Send a text message to TWEET (89338) In the body type in: logout
Now you can contact your favorite radio stations to send your requests and shout-outs with no hassles.
|Channel 5 News||8686|