|Information / Customer Care (Toll Free)||1090, 1091, 1092, or 1093|
|Voice Mail Retrieval||111|
|Account & SMS Balance||122|
|SMS Bundles / Int’l SMS||767|
|MB Data Packages||638|
|GB Data Packages||3282|
|Prepaid Card (Direct Recharge)||120 + Pin|
|Prepaid Card (3rd Party Recharge)||125|
|CDMA Call Forwarding (Enable)||*21 + Destination Number|
|CDMA Call Forwarding (Disable)||*210|
|UMTS Call Forwarding (Enable)||*21* + Destination Number + #|
|UMTS Call Forwarding (Disable)||#21#|
|CDMA Private # for one time use||*27 + Destination Number|
|UMTS Private # for one time use||*67 + Destination Number
#31# + Destination Number
3 way calling
- Dial first number
- Press SEND
- Dial second number
- Press SEND
- PRESS SEND to connect
|Search and Rescue||999|
|Directory Assistance||send a SMS to SDIR (7347), type the first
and last name of the person in the body
|BERT (Belize City)||92|
Frequently Asked Questions
- I would like to speak with a Smart representative. What are the phone numbers for the Call Center or the nearest Smart showroom?
Smart customers can contact our Call Center for free by dialing 1090, 1091, 1092, or 1093.
Opening Hours are from 7:00am – 10:00pm, every day (including holidays).
CLICK HERE for phone numbers, addresses, and opening hours for all our Smart showrooms countrywide.
- What are your opening hours? Do you open on Saturdays?
All our Smart showrooms countrywide open at 8:00am Monday to Friday and close at 5:00pm except for the two showrooms located in Belize City, they both close at 5:30pm.
All our showrooms are open on Saturdays from 9:00am – 1:00pm.
- Are there any deals or promotions currently available in the showrooms? What types of phones do you have? Do you accept trade-ins?
The Device section of our website is kept up-to-date with a list of phones we usually keep in stock.
CLICK HERE for pictures, prices, and specs. If we are currently running a sale, the promotional prices will be reflected.
Regrettably, we have do not have any trade-in promotions ongoing or planned for the near future.
- Are there any payment plans available?
Yes, Smart offers customers the option to pay in monthly installments for phones costing $500 and above. CLICK HERE for the terms and requirements of our Installment Plan.
We’ve also introduced a new leasing program called P.U.M.P. (Please Upgrade My Phone!) Customers on our Select, Plus, Share, and Enterprise plans can sign up to make monthly payments on a 12 or 18 month lease. At the end of your leasing term, customers can choose to either cover the difference and purchase the phone OR trade the phone in and upgrade to the latest model! CLICK HERE for terms and requirements.
- What are the requirements to get a Smart phone number? How much will it cost me?
It costs $25 to have your phone programmed with a Smart phone number. If your phone requires a SIM, there is an additional cost of $15 for the SIM.
To sign up for our Prepaid service, all you’ll have to bring with you is an ID. To sign up for our Postpaid service, you will be required to bring in an ID, an utility bill, and two-months’ deposit.
NOTE: Phones bought from us already come with phone numbers pre-installed. No additional payment is required.
- I have a Smart phone number, how much will it cost me to change it?
Customers with Smart phone numbers registered in their name will not be charged anything to change it. All you’ll have to do is visit your nearest Smart showroom with an ID.
- I’m planning on buying a phone, what are the system requirements if I want it to work on Smart’s network?
Your phone will need to be brought in unlocked and should be able to connect to LTE band-13; it will either need to be CDMA 800/850 MHz or UMTS 5.
NOTE: If you are purchasing a phone from the U.S., phones made for the Verizon network work best.
- Can a phone that uses a SIM card work on Smart’s network?
Yes, it will work on our network if it connects to LTE band-13 and is UMTS 5.
NOTE: We recently launched a new UMTS network that will enable us to program phones that use SIM cards to access our network. However, we are still in the early stages of development and coverage is currently limited to Belize City and San Pedro. If you do not live in any of these areas, phones that use SIM cards will likely not work on our network.
- Do you do phone repairs? Do you sell accessories like batteries, chargers, etc.?
Regrettably, we do not sell accessories nor do we do phone repairs.
- Is my phone under warranty?
Our warranty policy: LIMITED WARRANTY
Smart warrants that the device sold performs according to industry standards TIA/EIA–98-D and under normal network operational conditions will be able to receive and originate communications services in accordance with its respective capability.
SMART by way of its authorized Service Centers, makes a commitment to repair or exchange at its sole discretion and without any liability, the eligible devices.
Repair times will be determined by the type of fault of the device.
- The device must be under the warranty period stated in the original receipt.
- Only handsets purchased directly from Smart through its Showrooms or Authorized Dealers are covered.
- Warranty coverage applies to the original buyer of the handset upon presentation of original receipt and proper identification.
- Phones must be returned in their original boxes with all components and accessories (phone, charger, battery, etc), in as new conditions.
This limited warranty does not cover and is void with respect to the following:
- This limited warranty is not transferable to any third party, including but not limited to any subsequent purchaser or owner of the Product.
- Handsets subjected to physical neglect, misuse, water damage, wear and tear and the like, and which have the serial number removed, defaced, altered or made illegible, are not covered under this warranty or any other.
- Normal wear and tear damages are not covered by this warranty.
- Displays, Keypads, Earpieces, microphones, cameras and accessories like batteries or chargers are not covered under this limited warranty.
- This limited warranty does not cover complimentary, rented, lost or stolen phones or phones brought by customers.
- Handsets which has been opened, repaired, modified or altered are not covered.
- Any other conditions that are not included or detailed at the eligibility clause of this warranty.
- What do I do if my phone is not working properly and the warranty is up already?
Unfortunately, Smart cannot replace the phone for you. However, you can take it to any technical service store to get it fixed. E.g. in Belize City (Magic Fingers) to see if they can fix it. If your phone cannot be fixed, we advise that you purchase another one and put your original phone number.
- I’ve lost my phone and when I call it someone else answers it. Can you disconnect or deactivate it?
In order for us to deactivate the phone, you will need to get a police report and present the receipt at any Smart showroom countrywide.
- Has my phone been deactivated?
Please provide the phone number for the Customer Service Rep to check. If it’s a prepaid number and it has 90 days of non-usage, the system will automatically deactivate the number. If it’s a postpaid customer and payment has not been made to the account, service will be deactivated.
- I am unable to make and receive calls, is there something wrong with the service?
Call 280-1000 and provide a Customer Service Representative with your phone’s ESN number (found at the back of phone once you take out battery) and they will assist you in resolving the issue.
- How do I check my balance?
To check your account balance, dial 122 (you will hear a confirmation greeting). You will then receive a message which will include your balance.
- How can I recharge my account?
There are several ways to recharge your account:
- Purchase a Smart pre paid card, at the back are two hidden numbers, scratch the one on the left to reveal the pin number to recharge your credit. Only direct recharge is working. Dial 120 + pin #.
- Purchase credit from any Gimmedalla agent. Provide the agent with your phone number and the amount you want to recharge and they will send the credit directly to your phone.
- Ez trans
- The phone card I bought cannot be entered into my phone. What should I do?
Call 280-1000 and provide a Customer Service Representative with the card’s ID number/serial number and they will check it for you.
- What are the requirements to get a post paid plan?
To obtain a post paid plan you are required to produce a utility bill that is in your name and social security card or valid driver’s license, and pay the deposit according to the plan you choose.
- Can I switch from one plan to another? Are there any additional charges?
Yes, you can switch from one Postpaid plan to another. However, you cannot change from a Postpaid plan to a Prepaid plan before the contract expires. Fees will be charged in accordance with the selection of new plan.
- If I haven’t used all my plan minutes; will my unused minutes roll over to the next month so I have more minutes?
No, the minutes that you do not use will expire at the end of your billing cycle and will not roll over to the next month.