SPEEDNET COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
As a Research & Development Engineer, assist in the development of new and innovative services by utilizing current and new technologies that best fit the requirements of each project or task. Also assist in the expansion of current systems and services by identifying areas of improvement and proposing a feasible implementation of such improvements.
- Work autonomously to design, code, test, and document software developed
- Work closely with other staff to gather information for projects
- Develop technical specifications based on user requirements
- Implement and execute software testing principles
- Analyze and propose potential software improvements
- Keep updated with current and investigate new technologies relating to the industry
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Technical Documentation (UML documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments)
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Any other duty as required.
- Knowledge in administration of Linux / Unix based Operating Systems
- Knowledge in programming languages:
- Experience in working with the following databases and Data Structure Stores:
- Experience working with the Android and IOs Mobile Platforms and tools
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field.
- An Associate Degree in Computer Science with at least five years’ experience in related field.
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with ability to multi-task and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop dependable software applications.
- Bi-lingual English – Spanish
Interested persons should send a letter of application along with their Curriculum Vitae and letters of reference by Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 to:
2 ½ Miles Phillip Goldson Highway
Belize City, Belize
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org